A long eventful history
The County Club was founded in 1882. It is a not for profit organisation owned by its members. The function for which it was founded continues today: a social club where professionals of all shades and political opinion can meet.
Over the years, the Club has played its part in local business development and supported many organisations in Guildford and the surrounding region.
Recently discovered Club minutes reveal that in times of hardship the Club has played its part in civic support. For example, during World War Two the Club paid for an air raid warden-night spotter to keep a look out for enemy planes en route to strategic bombing locations.
Today The County Club tries to play a full role in helping the town of Guildford to improve its amenities and to make life better for its members, for residents, for visitors to Guildford and Surrey, and for local businesses.
We invite and participate in discussions with planners and innovators.
The County Club has establised links with Surrey business agencies, local venues and cultural institutions. View some of the local links and organisations with whom The County Club is associated.